These pancakes were the result of not having food, so I found a recipe for pancakes made with white whole wheat flour, then substituted the Greek yogurt (which I was out of) for a banana left in the pantry.
I love these pancakes! I never incorporate refined flour or sugar, butter, oil or margarine or egg yolks into the food I feed myself, so my experiments usually don’t come out fluffy but taste like a hardened version of the whole wheat flour I had used. I was pleasantly surprised with my pancakes – made from scratch, made from scraps.
Healthy Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Splenda, to taste
- 1 small banana, ripe
- 2 egg whites
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together.
- Mash the banana into a puree and add to dry ingredients. Add the egg whites and start pouring water until the mixture makes a thick pancake batter (you’ll need 1/4 water or so).
- Make the pancakes (you know, skillet, flip…please tell me you know how to make pancakes).
- Enjoy! Spray with butter substitute of choice and sprinkle with Splenda and cinnamon!