Okay, okay – I’ve been going a little crazy with the pancakes. When I find a fat substitute that works, I run with it. Also, cleaning out my pantry.
Healthy Whole Wheat Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Splenda, to taste
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg whites
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together.
- Add applesauce to dry ingredients. Add the egg white and start pouring water until the mixture makes a thick pancake batter (you’ll need 1/4 water or so).
- Make the pancakes (you know, skillet, flip…please tell me you know how to make pancakes).
- Enjoy! Spray with butter substitute of choice and sprinkle with Splenda and cinnamon!
Note: You can leave out the cinnamon. The pancakes will be moister. I enjoy topping the pancake with a thin layer of the unsweetened applesauce, spray butter substitute and a sprinkle of Splenda and cinnamon.